Dental Crowns and Bridges
Unhappy with your damaged or missing teeth? Let us help you improve your smile with dental crowns or bridges here at Center City Emergency Dentist.
Dental crowns improve the look of your smile by filling in empty gaps with teeth that look natural and just like new. At CCED, our experienced dentists in Center City, Philadelphia, use the highest-quality dental crowns and place them with the utmost care.
Dental crowns act as “caps” that cover a damaged tooth. Our dental health providers are able to shape your crown to fit perfectly within your mouth and give you the flawless smile you deserve.
Types of Dental Crowns
- CERAMIC: Made with porcelain materials, ceramic dental crowns are primarily used on your front teeth to fill in gaps or cover teeth and implants. Ceramic crowns match the color of surrounding teeth and easily blend in to bring out your natural smile.
- PORCELAIN FUSED TO METAL: Stronger than ceramic crowns, porcelain fused to metal crowns are a lot more durable, due to their metal structure. Despite their increased strength, these crowns tend to reduce the natural appearance of the tooth.
- GOLD ALLOY: Made with a mixture of different metals, along with gold and copper, these dental crowns are highly durable and protect the tooth without damaging the original tooth structure.
- BASE METAL ALLOYS: These crowns are made with what are called “base metals,” which include chromium and nickel, and are best used to cover teeth in the back of the mouth.
1. First, the dentist will take a look at the damaged tooth to see if it is fitted for a crown. Depending on the situation, the dentist may file it down or fill it in.
2. Once the tooth is properly shaped, your dentist will take an impression of the tooth and its surrounding areas and send it to a dental lab, where a permanent, personalized crown will be created. Until that process is complete, you’ll leave our office with a temporary crown to protect the shaped tooth.
3. Once we’ve received the crown from the lab, we will contact you to schedule a follow-up appointment, where we will position the permanent crown and affix it to the tooth with an adhesive.
When the procedure is complete, you’ll have a crown that will function and feel like a normal tooth.
If dental crowns sound like the right option for you, give us a call to schedule an appointment for your next visit to Center City, Philadelphia. We will work hard to give you a beautiful smile that lasts a lifetime.
Fixed Bridges are used to fill the gaps where multiple teeth are missing. In addition to the aesthetic aspect of a full and restored smile, dental bridges help improve speech and make eating much less complicated. A fixed dental bridge can last more than 15 years if properly cared for, and will improve overall oral hygiene and give you the gapless smile you deserve. When it comes to restorative dentistry, bridges not only replace missing teeth, but they help keep the rest of your smile in position.
1. First, the dentist will reshape the teeth surrounding the gap to allow room for the bridge to fit. A portion of the enamel will be removed to ensure a good fit.
2. The dentist will then take impressions of your teeth and send them to a dental lab, which will create the proper bridge for your mouth. In the meantime, your dentist will give you a temporary bridge to wear.
3. On your second visit to our office in Center City, your dentist will replace the temporary bridge with the new one from the lab. Adjustments may be made to make sure that the bridge fits perfectly and the bite is fitted. The bridge is then cemented into place.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
- Can last from five to 15 years, and even longer with proper care.
- Eliminate gaps and restore your smile.
- Help with chewing and speaking.
- Prevent teeth from shifting.
In addition to all of the restorative dentistry offered in Center City, Philadelphia, our experts also offer cosmetic dentistry for our patients. Not only do we want your teeth feeling great, but we also want those pearly-whites to shine. Whether you’ve been embarrassed by a crooked smile for years, or you’re finally ready to correct a gap in your teeth, we’ve got you covered!
No matter which restorative dental service you require, our team at CCED is available to get you looking and feeling better than ever before. Call us today to schedule a consultation!
Commonly known as root canals, endodontic therapy is the only alternative treatment to tooth extractions once the root of your tooth has been deemed infected or abscessed. Our root canal procedures generally take between 1-2 hours and are a necessary means of restorative dentistry for untreated cavities or broken teeth. If left untreated, an infected tooth can quickly develop into a severe health concern.
In certain instances, our dentists may encourage patients to undergo a tooth extraction procedure for a number of reasons. Whether it’s due to extreme decay, breakage beyond repair, or to combat advanced periodontal disease, the removal of a tooth may be a necessary means of avoiding a more serious health complication down the road.
We’re Philadelphia’s choice for crowns and bridges. Contact us today for more information!