Unhappy with the appearance of your teeth? Fortunately, lumineers can help whether you wish to reduce the appearance of stains, even your teeth out, or correct gaps, spaces, chips, and cracks. Take a look at how our lumineers can help improve your smile.
Benefits of Lumineers:
- Correct small chips or cracks
- Help even out teeth
- Perform and feel like natural teeth
- Close minor gaps/spaces
- Hide stains and discoloration on teeth
- No structural damage to your natural teeth
- Can last over 20 years
- Offer more resistance to stains
The Process: Two Visits
1. First visit: Your dentist will produce a mold of the tooth or teeth that will be getting the Lumineers. A proper shade will be chosen to match your surrounding teeth. This mold will then be sent to a lab who will create the Lumineers.
2. Second visit: During this visit, your dentist will check the Lumineers to make sure they properly fit on the tooth/teeth and then adhered to the surface of the teeth.
Lumineers are an easy, painless, and fast way to enhance your smile quickly. Reach out to us for more info and to see if Lumineers are right for you!
If you’re looking for a natural-looking, yet durable way to improve your smile – call CCED, the top providers of cosmetic dentistry in Center City, Philadelphia, to schedule a consultation for dental veneers today.
Enjoy a Luminous Smile with Dental Veneers
Dental veneers are cosmetic tooth coverings that are designed to improve the appearance of your smile. Veneers are custom-made to fit perfectly and bond directly to the front surfaces of your teeth, providing a subtle and durable solution. Dental veneers are often made from resin composite materials or porcelain, and are colored to match the rest of your teeth. At CCED, we recommend porcelain veneers to our patients, because they reflect light in the same way as your natural teeth and have a tendency to resist stains more effectively than their resin counterparts.
Dental veneers can change the color, shape, size, and length of your teeth, so you can have a whiter smile that is better aligned and will stand the test of time.
What Problems Can Veneers Fix?
Veneers are a dentist’s weapon of choice for patients seeking a smile makeover, and offer a range of benefits. Dental veneers provide simple and effective ways to improve:
- Chipped, cracked, or worn down teeth
- Teeth that are misaligned or have slight gaps
- Irregularly sized or shaped teeth
- Teeth with discoloration that reaches beneath the enamel
In some cases, our dentists may make other recommendations to correct these issues, such as teeth whitening if staining is the main problem, or Invisalign to correct more prominent misalignment.
Who is a Good Candidate for Veneers?
The dentists at CCED in Center City, Philadelphia are prepared to help you decide if porcelain veneers are the right solution for you. If issues with your smile go beyond being cosmetic, for example, if your teeth are crooked to the point of causing bite problems, you may need orthodontic treatment. If a tooth crack is jeopardizing the structure of your tooth, you may need a crown instead. If you’re unhappy with your smile because of a cosmetic dental problem, then you are most likely a good candidate for porcelain veneers.
The Process: 2 or 3 visits
1. First visit: A mold will be created of the tooth or teeth where the veneer will be placed. The model will be used to create a temporary plastic set that you can wear up to two weeks to see how you like it.
If you like the look and feel, your dentist will take note of the specifications and send the information to the lab. Lab technicians will put together the final product using the mold of your teeth.
2. Second visit: Before the veneer is placed on your tooth, the dentist has to reduce some of the surface of your tooth (1mm or less). This process is called a reduction and often requires local anesthetic. Then, it’s placed over the tooth.
Call us today for more information and see if they’re right for you!Read More