Get a Quality Dental Inlay and Overlay in Philadelphia
Do you hate fillings and crowns more than you hate cavities? Good news: There’s a superior solution. Dental inlays and overlays are less invasive than crowns and fillings, they offer a better fit, and they last much longer. Fillings, crowns, and implants require painful tooth grinding, while dental inlays and overlays preserve as much healthy tooth tissue as possible. The less-invasive alternative is superior in terms of both functionality and aesthetics. Philadelphia residents seeking alternatives to fillings and crowns should contact Center City Emergency Dentist to consult with a dental professional about dental inlays and overlays.
Benefits of Dental Inlays and Overlays
Dental inlays and overlays are a perfect solution for cavities that are too small for a crown, but too large for traditional fillings. Some of the other benefits include:
- Solution for Cavities in Tight Spaces Between Teeth
- Stronger and Lasts Longer
- More Natural Look and Feel
- Minimally Invasive Procedure
- Preserve More of Natural Tooth Structure
- Superior Alternative to Crowns, Fillings, and Implants
How it Works
Dental inlays and overlays are designed in a laboratory and crafted with traditional dental materials such as gold, porcelain, and composite. We break down the steps of the two-appointment procedure below.
- In your first appointment, the dentist will start by preparing your tooth and eliminating any damaged tissue from the cavity. This involves much less drilling than a traditional filling or crown restoration would require.
- Next, your dentist will take an impression of the affected tooth and send it to the dental laboratory.
- After sending your impression to the lab, your dentist will install a temporary filling in the cavity to protect your tooth until the next appointment.
- Once the fabrication is completed, it will be sent back to the dentist where you will meet for a second appointment to have it installed in your cavity permanently.
While this procedure takes longer and costs a bit more than traditional tooth fillings, it will look and feel more natural, last much longer, and ultimately save you money on replacement fillings in the long run.Read More
Why Choose Us?
The highly-trained professionals at our office in Center City have years of experience providing advanced dental procedures to the wonderful people of Philadelphia. With a wide range of specialties and qualifications, we have the right provider for each smile’s unique needs. We are open seven days a week, and we do more than just emergencies. From cosmetics to restorative dentistry, we’re equipped for all of your dental health needs in Philadelphia.
Schedule an Appointment with Center City Emergency Dentist in Philadelphia
Do you have a painful cavity that’s too big for a dental filling, but too small for a crown? Are you tired of fillings and crowns popping out at the worst moments? Want a superior solution that is more effective in terms of both functionality and aesthetic appeal? Good news, Philadelphia: Center City Emergency Dentist has you (and your teeth) covered! Contact us today to consult with a dental professional, or to schedule an appointment so we can help you achieve your best smile.