Enjoy a brighter, healthier smile as the warmer weather arrives by considering the five tips below:
1. Make sure you brush at least twice a day. The reason why morning breath is usually horrible is because all the bacteria in your mouth had a chance to build up overnight. By brushing your teeth first thing in the morning, you’ll eliminate bad breath and protect your teeth from harmful bacteria. Brushing in the evening, on the other hand, helps break up the food and plaque that has accumulated on your teeth throughout the day. Two times a day is good enough, as three or more times can begin to wear down your teeth.
2. Brush for at least two minutes. Most adults don’t brush their teeth for long enough. Doing the same activity repeatedly your entire life will often cause you to develop bad habits. With brushing your teeth, it’s easy to get caught up thinking about everything except for the amount of time you’ve been brushing. To help you keep track of time, set a timer or even put on a song to distract you from thinking about it.
3. Brush every side of each tooth. It’s not uncommon for patients to miss large areas of their teeth when brushing, especially the ones in the back. To prevent this from happening, be sure to brush the front, back and sides of each tooth. Plaque can build up on any of these areas, which is why it’s important to clean each tooth entirely. Also, keep in mind how important it is to brush along the gum line, as it helps to prevent gum disease.
4. Try to use a circular motion. When you brush in a circular motion, you’re able to break up more plaque than when you’re simply scrubbing back and forth. If you’re going to brush, you might as well brush the right way. By doing so, you won’t be wasting energy, and instead, work as efficiently as possible to keep your teeth healthy.
5. Come see our staff. At Center City Emergency Dentist (CCED), we specialize in more than just emergencies. We have a full staff of cosmetic dentists in Philadelphia to help address any problems a patient might be experiencing with the appearance of their smile. If you’ve been struggling with any pain, you can rest assured we can perform procedures to alleviate your discomfort. You can count on our dentists to give you the advice and guidance you need to ensure a healthier smile.
Develop better brushing habits for a brighter smile!
Whether you’re looking for an office specializing in, for example, veneers, invisalign, bleaching, botox or dental implants in Philadelphia, patients can rest assured knowing that CCED does it all. Schedule an appointment at CCED by filling out a contact form on our website, or by calling 215-315-7691 today.