Brushing your teeth two times a day for two minutes is critical to your oral health. Since it’s important to brush regularly, it’s best to find a toothbrush that effectively cleans your teeth and is easy to use. Although you might have used a manual toothbrush your entire life, it might be time to switch things up a little bit. Electric toothbrushes make cleaning your teeth something that you look forward to. Here are six reasons why you should start using an electric toothbrush:
- Better clean. When brushing your teeth manually, you’ll average about 300 strokes each minute. Electric toothbrushes, on the other hand, can average thousands or even tens of thousands of strokes each minute. This means that after brushing with an electric toothbrush your teeth will be much cleaner and you’ll have a brighter smile!
- Ideal for people with dexterity problems. If you’re dealing with arthritis, limited mobility or involuntary tremors problems, especially with your hands, an electric toothbrush will make brushing a much easier process. Not only do they have larger handles that are easier to grip, but the power-driven toothbrush heads don’t require nearly as much effort as manual brushes.
- Promote healthier brushing habits. Most electric toothbrushes have built-in timers and pressure sensors. These features help you to brush for two minutes, as well as prevent you from brushing too hard so you don’t injure your inner cheeks or cause gum recession. If you continue brushing aggressively, you might eventually need to seek services relating to implant dentistry in Philadelphia or any other city.
- Rotating heads. Electric toothbrushes can remove more plaque and tartar from your teeth, gums and tongue. Since the rotating heads move in opposite directions, you’ll have healthier teeth that feel and look cleaner.
- Different brushing modes. Many electric toothbrushes are designed specifically for sensitive teeth, teeth whitening and gum massaging action. The versatility of these brushes allows you to customize the settings according to your preferences.
- Clean hard-to-reach areas. Certain electric toothbrush models have special attachments designed to clean around braces. Even if you don’t have braces though, they’ll help you reach and clean areas where manual toothbrushes just really can’t go.
If you’re experiencing any problems with your teeth, contact the professionals at Center City Emergency Dentist. They offer a slew of services including root canals, oral surgery, wisdom teeth removal and dental implants in Center City Philadelphia and surrounding areas.